Monday, January 2, 2012

Welcome to Electo Danno!

Hi, I'm Daniel. Allow me to introduce myself briefly to you. I am currently a full-time student majoring in electrical engineering in the Phoenix, Arizona area. I plan to transfer to Arizona State University (ASU) after completing a few core classes at junior colleges to save some money. 

I have always been fascinated with electricity since I can remember. It first started with my dad teaching me about computers and then really caught my attention later after visiting the Palo Verde Nuclear Power Plant for a boy scout activity. There really wasn't much effort put into studying the topic, however, as most of my time and focus was put into music where I played piano and trumpet. 

Years later, after viewing a simple YouTube video reviewing a small solar-powered circuit, I was inspired to build a solar panel. After about 4-5 months of research, building, installing, and testing, I successfully built a stand-alone solar powered system. This gave me great confidence in my ability to obtain a degree in electrical engineering as I will be the first in my family. It has now been about 2 years since that project (and it still works!) and now feel prompted to begin a record of my learning as it would have been beneficial to have started it earlier. 

The intent of this blog is to share the knowledge I learned through experiments, reading, work, or other sources. Feel free to comment, share ideas, or even criticize my work. I want to learn as much as I can.

I am hoping that thorough documentation and feedback from others on this blog will help me to become a better and a more well-rounded electrical engineer. 

Again, welcome to my blog! 

No comments:

Post a Comment