Saturday, November 10, 2012

Continued Education

Although I am in school currently for a bachelor's in electrical engineering, I was able to participate in an IAEI meeting today. It was the first one I've ever been to. The experience was very enjoyable and I even won a raffle prize!

In the electrical field there are a lot of things to consider in engineering. One of these things is arc flash. This was the subject of the IAEI meeting. Arc flash protection is no doubt a controversial topic. There was a lot of back and forth discussion during the seminar bringing up what is "right" and what is "wrong". I'm sure in the future there will be more standardization, which should rid some of the obvious confusion.

The seminar was very educational and I feel I left better off and more confident in the subject. What's also neat is I received a little certificate stating I was present and was taught these principles. I feel so official. I look forward to future meetings. Too bad they only happen once every odd month.

No comments:

Post a Comment